Hope

// January 5th, 2010 // Loux Family News

2007-12-korea-shower 051

Hope is more than just a word, it’s a state of being. It’s a firm belief that even if you don’t know how, even if you don’t know when, God will come through and better days are up ahead. Life sends rain… Hope dances in the puddles until the sun comes out again….. Holley Gerth

(Hebrews 11:1) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Thank you to all our friends and family in the U.S., Poland, South Korea, Ukraine, Russia, Singapore, China, Austrailia, New Zealand, India, Israel, England, Scotland, Spain, Hawaii, the Marshall Islands and others from  around the world who have expressed your love to our family through your most needed prayers, encouraging email/blog messages and through your gifts.  We are humbled and blessed by your love!

For those of you who had a hard time watching Derek’s Memorial Service online, it will be available soon on DVD.  We will keep you posted, both on this blog and at our josiahfund.org website, when it is ready and available.  You will also be able to download and print Derek’s Memorial Service brochure.

God bless you and keep you close to His heart!

In Jesus’ love,

Renee’, Telma, Teyolla, Keyolla, Leeann, Sophia, Michaela, Sana, Sasha, Ethan and Silas

23 Responses to “Hope”

1. Soraya Abreu says:

Thinking and praying for you and the kids daily ( many times a day..) I like the picture that you choose for this entry… I can hear him saying: I am just a step away…( Jason Upton song ) And your hope Renee, is not in vain…

2. Lisa Shay says:

Renee, you are an amazing testimony of God’s faithfulness in the flesh. I love you. shawn and i were blessed beyond words and description by what we experienced at derek’s service. God has left a mark on our hearts. we will never be the same. we are waiting on Him to lead us. We will obey and follow. He is good. I vow to continue praying for you and your tribe…and for derek’s vision to grow quickly should Jesus tarry. much, much love.

3. isabel betts says:

Dear Renee,
    Even though I don’t know you personally, except through your blog, I admire you and love you in Jesus and have been praying for you and your family continually. I was praying more or less throughout the night before Derek’s Memorial Service (your morning) and tried to watch the webstream with my family. It only worked for the first 5 minutes, so I will be looking for the DVD when it comes out.
    Yes, HOPE, PEACE and the COMFORT of the comforter be with you!
    Feeling with you deeply,
    Isabel from NZ

4. Susan says:

Thinking and praying for you and your family, Renee. I just stumbled upon your website and the news of your loss. Please know, I will keep you all in my prayers.

Blessings,

Susan (and adoptee)

5. Jilly (UK) says:

Renee and Family, Praying for all of you, may you know the arms of Jesus every day carrying you through, bringing healing and hope. I ‘ve been following your adoption story since before your trip to the Ukraine, you’re all an encouragement to us in adoption ministry. Derek truly had God’s loving, graceful, restoring heart for the poor and outcast that really did shone through. Praying your Ministry will grow and produce much beautiful lasting fruit, x j

6. Melissa says:

Prayers going up daily for you and the children. I have been so blessed by you and your beautiful family :)

7. Alicia Haufler says:

Robin Sizemore told me of your husbands passing, we are the family adopting Elshan from Georgia. I am grieving with you and praying for you and your beautiful family. May the peace that passes understanding guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
    God bless you all.

8. sophie says:

Renee I’m praying for your family daily and am so inspired by your faithfulness and obedience. I will continue to pray for renewed strength and healing for you.

9. Jessena says:

Praying!

10. Talley Mac says:

Continuing to hold you and your family in prayer. My heart aches for your loss. May God continue to bring peace and comfort during this time.

xoxo

in HIM

11. lynn mcnally says:

Renee and children…. it was an honor to be at Derek’s service and to be among family and friends and to be able to lift your family up at this very difficult time. We love you all and will continue to remember you and pray for God’s peace and comfort in the days and weeks ahead.
    We sure loved Derek. The family will not ever be the same, but oh what a hope we have! We will be together again and what a reunion that will be….

12. Still holding you up in prayer, Renee. All those beautiful children of yours too. I pray for peace and hope to fill your hearts until you are reunited with Derek, which I pray is SOON.
    Please give Sasha an extra squeeze from me, that little boy just touches my heart!

Blessings,
    Jodi Lewandoski
    adopting Hunter
    Reeces Rainbow

13. Two things I forgot to say… I love the picture of Derek on this post, its so, so nice. It captures his gentle soul I think. Second, I just wanted to say how BEAUTIFUL the dance your daughter did for her dad was. It was such a loving tribute, it’s almost beyond words. How loved and cherished a father must be to have his daughter say goodbye to him in such a beautiful way. She has amazing strength of spirit. She radiated the love she has for her father,and it was very touching.

Jodi Lewandoski

14. Allison Criger says:

Dear Renee,
    You don’t know me at all…. I am from New Albany, OH. I found your website from Reeses Rainbow. I am very interested in RR, because 2 years ago we had our third child, a little girl born with Down syndrome. She is an absolute joy and has changed our family. I found your blog a couple days after Derek’s accident. I visit your site all the time and have told many friends about your family. For some reason, I feel like I want to help your family. I know you must think I sound crazy, but I mean it! I feel so much pain for you all, but am so amazed at your strength and hope. I feel like God lead me to your blog…. thank you for touching my life. I would love for your boys to be able to play with my Ruby. I will continue to pray for you and your beautiful children!

15. Renee,
    You do not know me! I know you and your family through Reece’s Rainbow and your blog. When you and Derek were getting ready to travel to get your handsome boys, is the time when we were committing to adopting Jacob! The words that Derek wrote on your blog inspired me every day during the early journey of our adoption. I was often drawn back to Dereks words on Redemption and that one post in particular got me through the rough times of our adoption! God Bless your family!

In Christ,

Brigitte Van Nice

16. The hope and love for Jesus that your family so treasures absolutely radiates in this post. You are in my thoughts and prayers. May God continue to shine His beautiful light in your lives during this dark time.

Many blessings and prayers for you,
    Sarah

17. Jill says:

I have been reading your blog for a while,have watched your family grow with new children arriving.I have been so inspired by you all,I am so sorry for the passing of your wonderful husband.I just wanted to say that I am sorry,and your family is in my thoughts alot.Take care,Jill in Ga.

18. Rachel Baxter says:

I am praying for your family. We have a bio son with DS and hope to adopt through RR when my husband finishes seminary(we do not qualify financially now or else we would already do it), Derek and you are an inspiration to us as we seek to help orphans, especially those with Special needs like your beautiful boys! You will remain in our prayers in the days and months to come.
    love in Christ,
    Rachel

19. Renee and Children, I’m so incredibly sorry about Derek. As a fellow adoptive parent I can only imagine how difficult this loss is for you all. But I also know first hand that IA is not for the faint of heart and we some how manage to find the strength and wisdom to carry on and complete the journey which God has chosen for us. I know that your love for each other and your faith will see you through this somehow. I sending lots of prayers your way. That you’ll find healing, peace and the strength to continue the dream that you and Derek shared. If you need a friend.. I’m here.

20. Emily Brothers says:

Renee and family, I had a dream on April 2, 2010 concerning Derek. I have never met you/your family nor had I ever heard Derek speak but in this dream it was a conference (kids were sitting in front of him everywhere) and he was speaking. He asked if anyone wanted the coat he was wearing as a mantle and I jumped up and put it on. He was so excited about what he was sharing, I remember he just kept smiling and laughing, his face was full of the Father’s Presence.. I felt compelled to write you this; I am aware this dream is about my heart and the desire to adopt and have a ministry with children but I believe it is indeed two-fold. I pray the Father keeps you in the Cleft of the Rock today. Emily

21. Dianita says:

Dear Derek family,

My deepest condolances to all of you. I was blessed to have heard Loux speak when he came to be a part of IHOP back in 2005 during my FITN. God used him to speak to me regarding adoption. My heart felt like I too lost a father and my mourning was given wings when I remembered our faith that tells us Loux is still part of the communion of saints. I have asked Loux to be a godfather to me as I try so hard to move forward in life to the place where I can be healed enough to adopt some day. Could you please pray for me as I too pray for you? THANK YOU for your example of love!

22. Lorraine and Carson Nadeau says:

Dear Renee and family. Our prayers go to you. I just reconnected today with a pastor friend at Capital Christian Center in Sacramento, CA whom I had leant Derek’s Fragrant Burning CD we got at Tahoe Christian Center after we met you at the Children’s Equipping Seminar a few years ago, and had asked him for it back, yet again….Then upon being on Facebook tonight, I learned of the accident. We are saddened by your and the world’s loss but find peace that Derek is in His FATHERs arms. I will continue to pray for you and your family daily….”Blessed are they that mourn; for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4…LOVE you!!

23. Jennifer Hill says:

Had the pleasure of seeing the Loux Family Singers as a kid, at Grace Bible Chapel in NJ. They came a few times, and we always made sure to get a seat up front. I was about 11 or 12 then, and Derek was close to my age, and I remember thinking how awesome it must be to get to go all those places and get ti sing about God. I still have a cassette of their music, and I play it in my car from time to time. I was touched by your family as a child, and I reach out my touch now in your time of sadness. You are a truly beautiful family, and God will bring you through this time. It is many months later that I am writing this, and I know the hand of God has been on you, healing your wounds. I lift up your family to Him, and know he is gently holding your hand as you take those daily steps. Bless you all,

Jennifer Hill